The apparel sector continues to experience intensive competition. Challenges come from different interacting factors, such as demanding consumers, the uncertain nature of apparel demands, shifting global sourcing and powerful retailers. These challenges result in later commitments from retailers, shrinking available lead-time, and increasing information needs. Apparel manufacturers are forced to search for ways to shorten the lead-time, cut costs, and to improve product quality and customer service.
- Demand unpredictability is high; the need for improved channel information is considerable.
- The high fragmentation of plants and global dispersion of plants make the need for transparency high. There are many local players who benefit from lack of good market information.
- In short, the “pain” in the apparel industry is high; there is great room for improvement.
Internet technology has opened the door for the restructuring of some aspects of the Apparel-retail channel. Electronic commerce (E-Commerce) technologies are well suited to cater to these demands and as such, they have an integral part to play in creating and facilitating new forms of SCM.
The real power of E-Commerce in the apparel industry is in the opportunities for significant improvements in supply channel management. With increasing product proliferation and shorter product life cycles, Apparel industry incurs significant excess costs in the form of inventory carrying costs, stock out costs, and markdown costs
- Product Management
- Catalogue Management
- Search Engine Optimization
- Point of Sale
- Pricing Management
- Inventory Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Customer Accounts Management
- Content Management
- Gift Cards
- Auto-emails & Mail server
- PCI Compliance
- Decreasing the cost of communication in the channel – Improve the speed, accuracy, and cost of transferring data between channel partners.
- Improving visibility in the supply chain, thereby improving order fulfillment, inventory management, forecasting, and customer service.
- Improving Forecasting Capability, which in turn will allow the firms in the industry to better match supply and demand.
- Reducing Channel Inventories – The high cost of carrying inventory in this industry will make reduced inventory a significant benefit.
- Improving Design – As technology improves in representing products and components online, and as designers become more accustomed to “virtual” collaboration, the ability to design new products quickly will improve.
Hence we understand the nature and importance of managing a complete cycle in apparel sector and provide you with the sophisticated E-Commerce solution that lets you quickly and efficiently manage the flow of goods, information and finances, creating a major impact on both customer satisfaction and company costs.